Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Spartan Race


The PA Spartan Sprint was just held on July 14th in Palmerton, PA at the Blue Mountain Ski Area. The Spartan Sprint consisted of over 5 miles of steep up and down hill rough mountain terrain, about 15 obstacles, and a whole lot of mud. The race is supposed to be for anyone from a beginner runner to advanced, but I beg to differ. I was supposed to train for the sprint, but I did not. I’m in okay shape, but this is something that you need to train for.  However, my goal this year was to just finish the race. And I did! Next year I will have to train.

The obstacles that were in the race were very cool. I had to jump over walls (the walls got higher as I went along), crawl under barbwire, jump over fire, throw a spear, go up/down hill with a sand bag, up/down hill with a bucket full of rocks, climb rope, and more. For every obstacle that wasn’t completed, 30 burpees had to be done. So, I had my handful of burpees after the race was over. I am already registered for next year and hopefully will have a team.











No comments:

Post a Comment