As I’m going through my old college portfolio I came across some assignments I did for a retail seafood company I used to work for. So, here comes the plug for Ippolito’s Seafood. Ippolito’s Seafood is a high-end seafood purveyor located in South Philly. It specializes in fresh seafood from around the world and also has prepared specialties. I still stop in the store to say hi and have been trying their new sushi menu. Delicious!
![]() |
| Sashimi |
I remember being a fish monger like it was yesterday. It was a fun experience when working there but a lot of work. I learned a lot about seafood like learning about different grades of tuna, filleting different types of fish, shucking oysters/clams, and much more. Christmas was always fun. I might have carried hundreds of pounds of baccala within a week of the holidays, pulled dozens of live eels out of the tank, and picked out the perfect sized piece of flounder for the older Italian ladies.
![]() |
| Picture from "The Patriot News" when Rocky Balboa was being filmed at the Vicor Cafe |
Below are some ads I did for a class on Ippy’s. The tagline for the three ads is “Our fish are so fresh they talk back.” The other ad that the class had to do was for a business but have a title that had nothing to do with the business. Enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment